Wednesday, November 21, 2012

To count or not to count?

To count or not to count...
I find I have been asking myself this question a lot lately. Should I, or shouldn't I count my daily calories. Some days I think it helps keep me on track and accountable.. and other days I feel like it brings my positivity down and sets me up for failure. I have been counting calories since high school when I joined weight watchers. The now habit has been stuck with me for 12 years... going on 13. I honestly think I do it purely out of habit at this point. I have decided to try from now until January 1st with NO counting. No thinking of the calories in my head, on an application or in a note pad. I am going to try my best to stick to clean foods and listen to my body. I am hoping the hungry days even out with the not so hungry days. I want to see how my mind and body respond. I will keep you all updated!

I am finally feeling better... took long enough! My already limited patience was pretty much down to nothing. I feel like I got a pretty decent workout in today too. Todays workout was:

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

- 20 kb swings

- 10 burpees

- 20 sumo squat high pulls

- 20 air squats

I got in 5 rounds + 40 reps

I also did 30 minutes of spin and 30 minutes of body pump. I finally feel like I can breathe while working out! Whoo hoo!!

What are everyones plans for tomorrow? Any workout and nutritional goals?? It is always so hard on the holidays.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment