Friday, November 16, 2012

Oh for the love of grapes!


Ah Friday. There is just something about leaving work on a Friday afternoon that feels so right. Anyone else feel that way??

After work I went to go work out with a group of people and a trainer (only one of the best trainers ever!)… She put us through a pretty intense 45 minute workout. Box jumps included. Now I have to let you in on a little secret. I am TERRIFIED of box jumps. A few years back I was doing some and ended up face planting… let’s just say it was not pretty. I can’t seem to get over the fear. I love crossfit and even at my old crossfit box I could not do them. I felt like such a failure (still do!). It is just a fear I need to face… eventually… just not today. So I got to use her stairs instead. Which apparently was the same height.. so why couldn’t I just use the darn plyo box?!? Oh the troubles in life!!

Yesterday I bought some organic grapes at the local grocery store. I do not buy grapes often because I eat them all at once.. yes, all at once. I love them. Well today I proved myself right and ate the whole bag when I got home from working out (that plus my dinner of course). I really like freezing grapes during the summer as a summer snack.. that seems to help me with my portion control. In the winter it’s just too cold for me… and hence the end to the grapes in a day. I realized lifting today that my cardio vusion class kicked my shoulders butt. They were sore today. Somewhere during all the kettlebell swings, pushups, rope jumping jacks and mountain climbers I realized that. I do not think I can ever get sick of that feeling. Where you know you have pushed yourself to the limit. Just awesome!

Tomorrow’s workout will be a nice 2 hour spin and a 5 mile run. I signed up for a virtual run where the proceeds go to the red cross to help rebuild my shore (yes, my shore as apparently I think I own it). The good thing about this is my competitive side won’t come out and I can run it at a nice easy pace (who am I kidding?!?!?). I am sure by tomorrow night my legs will be dead.

“No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.”

No comments:

Post a Comment