Friday, November 9, 2012

New Beginnings


Hey friends!

As the year is coming to an end I decided it was time for some changes in my life (start of a new year... isn't that when everyone decides to make changes which end up lasting a few weeks???...). Changes that will make me a better, healthier and happier me!

Time to let you all in on a secret. I have an eating disorder. I have been suffering with one since a young age (since 6th grade).. even though I did not know it at the time. I now, at 28 years old, have a bachelors and masters degree. So, needless to say.. it has ruled my life for a long time. I have covered all the bases from just binging to restricting food to binging and purging. I found my eating was directly related to my emotions and "feeling fat". How can someone feel fat?? It is not even a feeling?!? Well, anyway, I have let this eating disorder control my life. Not anymore! I have decided it is time for me to take back my life from my ED. Don't get me wrong.. I am "healthy" in the terms of enjoying exercising. Some might say I am even at the extreme end as I truely LOVE running, spinning, high intensity training and weight lifting. However all of the running in the world does not counter act the damage and destruction an eating disorder causes. It also stops me from reaching my fitness goals.

This blog is a way to keep me accountable. I want to share my journey to health and fitness with everyone and hopefully inspire others along the way.

“Love yourself. Accept yourself. Forgive yourself and be good to yourself. Because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” Dr. Leonardo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment