Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rest days and learning to forgive


Sunday’s are usually my rest days. A day where I really do no cardio, no lifting, and really just nothing in general. I also have been allowing myself to “cheat” on Sunday’s by eating things I normally wouldn’t. I still need to find the balance in these “cheat” days. I find since I do nothing on Sunday’s but sit around, watch football and yell at my TV when my team is not doing so well.. I eat. And I mean A LOT. So not only is it a cheat day but I eat wayyyyyy too much. Probably equivalent to what a man should eat in a day.

What I want to be able to do is just say to myself “Ok, I ate too much today but I enjoyed it. Tomorrow is a new day.” However I find my inner dialogue going something like this “why did you just eat that? It tasted so good.. go have another bowl of that awful cereal. You already messed up. How did that other bowl taste? Now you ate way too much today. You probably did a lot of damage to your body and you are going to have to do x-y-z to make up for it… blah blah blah”. It is awful. I need to learn to enjoy life and forgive myself. What is so wrong with over eating one day?? (even if it is one day a week)… Nothing! Life is too short to worry about silly nonsense like eating out of what I think my calorie range should be. There is so much sadness and devastation in my state right now and I am worrying and mad at myself for eating too much on a rest day. Really puts things in perspective. So my new goal for myself is to try and stop being so hard on myself for things like this.. and begin to forgive myself.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sundays! I am sitting here (feeling super full I might add!..) watching my boys play on TV. I am a Cowboys fan :)

Enjoy the rest of your night! Tomorrow is a new day!!!
"You can't live a positive life with a negative mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment