Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's been awhile...

How crazy is it that it is December???? I am still wrapping my mind around the fact that there are less than 25 days until Christmas. Time flies...

I have neglected my blog for a bit... which probably is not so good since I am new to this whole blogging thing.. falling behind already, Yikes!!

My week was crazy. Students were crazy, the things I had to pack into the hours I am awake in a day seemed totally over whelming. All I know is I am ready for Christmas break. I think both the school staff and students need it... big time.

My nutrition has not been the greatest. Each time I make a “mistake” I find myself saying it will never happen again.. and of course it does and then I feel guilty. The cycle then starts all over. I am working on it. I know this is something that is not an over night fix... and I will get there. I just need to learn to have patience for myself.

Workouts consisted of my usual spin classes with a few crossfit inspired workouts thrown in. Yesterday was my nice long Saturday cycle (2 hour spin) and today was an at home HIIT workout. Took me 45 minutes:

  • 50 overhead walking lunges (25lb plate)
  • 15 ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 50 kb swings
  • 15 ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 50 bicep curl to overhead press (10 lbs)
  • 15- ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 50 hand release push ups
  • 15- ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 50 thrusters (25lb plate)
  • 15- ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 50 butt kicks (off plyo box)
  • 15- ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 100 arm circles (50 forward/50backward)
  • 15- ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 30 (each leg) single leg dead lift + back row (20 lb kb)
  • 15 ½ burpees (weighted)
  • 50 ( both arms = 1 rep) plank shoulder taps
Great workout. I recommend doing the half burpees without weights first.. as you progress then add the weights in. Right now I use 2 10lb dumbells. I still need to get myself a set of 12 lb weights and another 15 lb (since I only have one).

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I am really not ready for another week... I could use another day in my weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment