Monday, December 31, 2012

2013- New year, new me!

So yes, I am going to be part of the millions of statistics and say my new years resolution is to get in shape... but I mean “get in shape” when it comes to mind, body and soul. I am not going to give up after a month or two. I want to become the best me I can be by really focusing on learning to love and forgive myself and really work on reaching my goal of decreasing body fat and increasing muscle mass. I know the first steps in doing this (for me) are to learn to love myself the way I am now. I am way too hard on myself each time I think I have “slipped up”. It ends up sending me on a downward spiral and the end results are even worse. Which then makes me angry at myself, starting the cycle again. I know I have mentioned this before in my posts but I really think the first step is forgiveness.

Yesterday I decided to journal... 1845s style with a pen and paper :)
I wanted to write down everything I was feeling instead of using food to cover up all of my emotions. I did not realize all of the feelings/emotions coursing through me until I wrote them down. Being 28, single, living at home.. all of these things were really bothering me but I did not realize it at the time. There is nothing wrong with any of those things. I am 28 (ok, not that old), I am single (is being single really that bad??) and I live at home (I have my masters and went to an expensive college for 6 years.. I owe them my first unborn child with the amount I have in loans) but am lucky enough to have an AMAZING family. I put so much pressure on myself with my bills, the way I look, the things I eat, etc. I am too much of a people pleaser. I want to make everyone happy and I do not want anyone mad at me, I don't want to make mistakes, etc. I need to learn it is OK to make mistakes. It is how I am going to learn and grow as a person.

2013 is going to be a good year. I am going to learn to love myself the way I am now. I am going to forgive myself for things I see as mistakes. I am not going to be so hard on myself if I make a “mistake”. I am not going to compare myself to others. I am going to become the healthiest and fittest me I can be. Here's to 2013!

Check out the "I workout" section for a body weight "cleanse" workout. I am going to do this workout tomorrow morning.. no equipment needed but you!
 
Now off to lift some back and biceps and spin!! Happy New years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment