Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dukan diet started.

It's been awhile. I apologize for that. I feel like I am always starting my posts this way!!! I promise to try and do better with my posting! The last few weeks have been a blur due to work and stress. I am feeling very thankful they are over and it is now Christmas Break!! A full week off. I brought some work home to do but it is still a break. Much needed! I hope everyone has had a stress free preparation for Christmas!

I started this nutrition plan called the Dukan diet. Not really a nutrition plan but I am not a fan of the word “diet”... so I will stick with the lesser of the evils. It is a “nutrition plan” based around 4 phases. The first phase is called the attack phase. This part of the plan involves eating only proteins including lean chicken, turkey, seafood/fish, 0% greek yogurt and fat free cottage cheese. You can eat a lot of lean meat but I am not the biggest fan of meats so for me I am limited to chicken/turkey in that area. No calorie counting and as much of the limited protein only foods. During this phase you are supposed to see the most “weight loss”. I am not sure if this is going to be due to a decrease in water weight, carbs, etc. I will let you all know how it goes. Today was day 3 for me and I was craving carbs like whoa. I ate a lot today... at least I felt like I did. I am not supposed to calculate calories but if I had to guess I would say I was somewhere in the 2200-2500 calorie range which is a lot for me. At least I think it is. I just wanted to be able to stick to something during the holiday. I know if I did not set my mind to something it would become a free-for-all with all the tempting foods around. Not including all the cookie baking I have been doing. Man, I love me some Christmas cookies!
This morning I did a WOD which I want to share with you guys. It is a great one. I end it shaking! Love that :) Check out my I workout page for the posted workout. It took me 23 minutes.
Merry Christmas Eve- Eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment