Friday, February 8, 2013

So much time, so little diets...


Wait.. strike that! Reverse it! (love that movie!)
 
This post is some what a continuation of yesterdays. So I did a bit of indulging yesterday since I started off my day with the mentality “nothing is off limits!” in regards to food. Bagels, pizza, chocolate.. all the things I try to avoid.. I let myself have. Good idea? Not so much. I do not think I am mentally ready to let myself eat those things in a normal manner. At this point, I am still an “all in” type eater when it comes to those foods. Eventually, I will have a healthy relationship with them... but for now, I still need to be careful.

So this morning I find myself researching more diets and nutrition plans. It is amazing how many there are out there. Some for all people! Today I stumbled across a baby food diet... where you literally eat nothing but baby food.. the apple diet.. where you eat nothing but apples... and a few others. But then I stumbled across something called the 80/10/10 diet. I have not done too much research on this yet but it seems like it is really focused around eating raw foods, little fats and really limiting cooked anything. I read in a blog post you eat 30 bananas a day?!? Something like that... I love bananas. That would work for me!
Just seeing all of these diets or nutrition plans made me realize all the different view points out there. Paleo vs 80/10/10.. polar opposites really.. paleo is high protein, low carb where as the 80/10/10 is high carb low protein. There are just so many things out there. What is the right answer? What really works and what doesn't? Why is America mostly over weight and unhealthy??? I wish there was an answer. If there was one, I would certainly be a lot thinner and much healthier and happier!

I am beginning to  think it is all about a healthy balance. Some people find their balance faster than others. For me, it is taking me awhile but I hopefully will get there. My goal is to be able to find my balance and be at a happier/healthier place by the end of this school year. That gives me about 6 months (a little less). I think that is a maintainable goal. When I have unrealistic goals (like waking up tomorrow 10lbs lighter) I can't reach them (for obvious reasons) and end up binge eating. Well.. no more!

On an unrelated food note- crazy snow storm had work closed for today. It will be interesting to see how much snow we do end up getting. I have a feeling my brother and I will be making a day of shoveling tomorrow!

I have a quote to share with you all. I saw Miranda Lambert in concert and at this concert she thanked everyone for loving and accepting her just the way she is. She said “I heard a quote the other day and it goes like this... 'what other people think of me is none of my business'”. I think this is something we all need to live by! We need to feel good for ourselves.. we need to love ourselves for who we are.. not to make others happy or make them love us. It is about who you are on the inside that matters. Beauty on the outside fades... but beauty on the inside is forever!

Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment